Dropping Segments

From: Arthur <amerar_at_iwc.net>
Date: 30 Nov 2004 08:45:45 -0800

Hi All,

I came across this command on some web posting:

alter session set events 'immediate trace name DROP_SEGMENTS level TS#+1';

What I am curious about is, whether the above command drops only temp segments in the identified tablespace, or ALL segments in the tablespace???

I assume this is a way to 'force' SMON to wake up and do its job more rapidly?

Any takers on this?

Thanks,

Arthur Received on Tue Nov 30 2004 - 10:45:45 CST