cannot delete entry from spfile

From: Cookie Monster <cookie.monster_at_somewhere.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 17:32:03 +0100

Hi,

I have an entry in the spfile as follows:

max_enabled_roles = 30

When I start oracle (10g) I get the error message 'ORA-32004: obsolete and/or deprecated parameters(s) specified'.

The oracle documentation states that :
Deleting Initialization Parameter Values. If an initialization parameter takes a value that is a string, you can restore the value to its default value by using empty single quote marks, as follows:

ALTER SYSTEM SET parameter = '';

For numeric and boolean value parameters, you must explicitly set the parameter back to its original default value.

Well I did this and set max_enabled_roles to the default value of '30'. But I still get the error on startup. Does anyone know how I can remove this entry..or is it there forever.

Thanks!

Steve Received on Tue Nov 30 2004 - 10:32:03 CST