Oracle 8.0.5 update where rowid in (...) updates only onre row.

From: nwjb <j.bratieresNOSPAM_at_online.fr>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 15:53:01 +0100

On one site we have the following problem :
.we select several rowid's of rows to be updated
.If we do select count(*) from table where rowid in ('rid1',rid2',...) we
have
  the right number of rows
.If we do : update table set col=... where rowid in
('rid1','rid2','rid3') we

   always get the update ONLY on the first rowid.

This can be reproduced with sqlplus or a VB5 application.

Our customer says it worked till we had to resize a datafile which was full (we
also made a lot of delete's on old data).

Has anyone already met such a case?

I remember such a thing when exporting from ORA 7 to ORA 8 and the tables imported were paralellised which caused such a phenomenon.

Thanks for any idea..

J.Bratières , SCRIM Informatique Received on Tue Nov 30 2004 - 08:53:01 CST