Re: Simple Create Procedure Problem..

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 23:33:15 +1100

Richard Foote wrote:

> Hi Howard,
>
> Can you provide any practical examples of why one would want to use an
> "execute immediate" for a basic select statement within PL/SQL ?

Oh, for Heaven's sake.

The OP is clueless about PL/SQL (and self-confessedly so). Once he's compiled something and is feeling good about himself, *then* he can start wondering about whether he's doing things in the best possible way. And if he comes back here posting "Should I do a 'select into' or an 'execute immediate'", then you may do with him as you will.

But my take on the original question is mine, it's appropriate, it's helpful (or didn't you read that bit), and it's over.

> Although
> it's certainly desirable to have code that compiles correctly,
> shouldn't it
> also actually accomplish something as well ?

No. You are free, of course, to differ.

> Just curious ...

No, you're not.

HJR Received on Tue Nov 30 2004 - 06:33:15 CST