Re: Oracle 10g Compatibility

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2004 18:04:45 -0800

coolguy2002_at_gmail.com (Mohammed) wrote in message news:<8289d093.0411262326.394d66b2_at_posting.google.com>...
> Hi,
> I had problems earlier in moving my applications from Oracle
> Application Server 4.0 OAS 4.0 to Oracle 9i Application Server. Is
> there any know issues to convert from Oracle 9i to 10g. Our entire
> application is written using htp.p and htp.f packages in PL/SQL using
> the PL/SQL Cartridges (Concept of OAS 4.0). How can I migrate to 10g
> Application server.

Very carefully. There are docs to read and test systems to build.

While the actual installation of 10g is much better than 9i, the migration must be carefully thought through. But it really depends on what exactly you do with the application. You must be extra careful about migrating the security data if you use it. Using the transport sets on top of export/import is full of traps, I was lucky it was easier to rebuild the stuff I had (not cartridges) from scratch.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://www.acmecomedy.com/