Re: Thunderbird

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2004 15:24:44 -0800

"Howard J. Rogers" <hjr_at_dizwell.com> wrote in message news:<41ab6a37$0$26294$afc38c87_at_news.optusnet.com.au>...

> I can't actually think of any culture on Earth that believes signing off
> something first, and then actually including some contents, is the right
> order of events. Except, of course, top-posting on the Internet, which
> has nevertheless long been deprecated.

Very common, albeit usually technically illegal, in the US mortgage brokering business. Often used to create a generic release of private information form, which the broker then uses to shop around for the cheapest actual loan, maximising his profit while hiding it from the customer. A strange but predictable consequence of truth-in-lending legislation.

As someone else pointed out, top-posting is the norm on oracle-l. In consequence, I find it difficult to read as a digest.

On usenet, it seems to be correlated with the "MS-ness" of newsgroups.

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
...space after the two dashes... hmmmm...