Re: Copying v8.1.5 NT Database to 10g Win2003 Server?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.verwijderdit.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 00:22:12 +0100

On 29 Nov 2004 14:36:39 -0800, basis_consultant_at_hotmail.com (SAP BASIS Consultant) wrote:

>Will I be able to do a straight copy of the source 8i files into
>the target 10g Oracle directory structure, and reset the logs
>in the target 10g database when opening it?

As usual the answer to this question is in the Migration Manual, which both Dave and you haven't read.
The file structure didn't change, so likely there is a migration assistant available which will do the task in situ for you. The advantage of the exp/imp route is database reorganisation.

Of course you shouldn't have changed the compatible parameter, if you want to stick to 8i functionality.

--
Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA