Re: obj_privilege in dba_audit_trail

From: Mark D Powell <Mark.Powell_at_eds.com>
Date: 29 Nov 2004 15:16:21 -0800

"Michel Cadot" <micadot{at}altern{dot}org> wrote in message news:<41ab7dc9$0$27015$636a15ce_at_news.free.fr>...
> "Terry Dykstra" <tddykstra_at_forestoil.ca> a écrit dans le message de
> > I'm trying to find out what privilege belongs to each position in the
> > obj_privilege column in the dba_audit_trail view. For example, position 10
> > seems to be 'select' privilege, position 7 is 'insert'. Does anyone have a
> > complete description?
> > Oracle 9.2.0.5
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra
> > Canadian Forest Oil Ltd.
> >

> Maybe same thing as ses_actions column, from doc:
>
> ...in the order ALTER, AUDIT, COMMENT, DELETE, GRANT, INDEX, INSERT, LOCK, RENAME, SELECT, UPDATE,
> REFERENCES, and EXECUTE. Positions 14, 15, and 16 are reserved for future use.
>
> Regards
> Michel Cadot

You can find the list of codes to actions in the Oracle Version# Reference manual following v$session for the "command" column, which for version 9.2 is "Table 3-3 Numbers Displayed in COMMAND Column of V$SESSION and Corresponding Commands"

Now here is something a lot of people are unaware of or have forgotten since until recently it was not listed in the documentation though it is mentioned in 9.2. If you have setup database auditing then view audit_actions contains this list. With earlier versions of the Oracle RDBMS this view was not automatically created. I have not checked to see if this has changed with version 9.2 or 10g.

HTH -- Mark D Powell -- Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 17:16:21 CST