Re: question about users

From: Michel Cadot <micadot{at}altern{dot}org>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 19:29:55 +0100

"Markus Innerebner" <markusin_at_yahoo.de> a écrit dans le message de news:31160uF34bt0tU1_at_uni-berlin.de...
> While installing oracle9i I came to the question:
>
> if I start
> sqlplus /nolog
> then
> conn / as sysdba
>
> how does oracle know, if the logged in user is a sysdba?
> Does he know it from the unix-users?
>
> thanks for your help
>
> Markus

If you connect with this syntax you are connected as SYS. You can do this only if you are in the Unix dba group. So yes, Oracle knows it from the connected Unix user.

Have a look at "Database Administrator Authentication" in Administrator's Guide: http://download-west.oracle.com/docs/cd/B10501_01/server.920/a96521/dba.htm#1064

Regards
Michel Cadot Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 12:29:55 CST