Re: Thunderbird

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 22:07:59 +1100

Frank van Bortel wrote:
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>> Jonathan Lewis wrote:
>>
>>> Notes in-line
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Jonathan Lewis
>>>
>>> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/faq/ind_faq.html
>>> The Co-operative Oracle Users' FAQ
>>>
>>> http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/seminar.html
>>> Optimising Oracle Seminar - schedule updated Sept 19th
>>

>> Thanks for fixing the "--" thing. It makes a big difference!
>>
>> Regards
>> HJR
>>

> Means you cannot use a fixed signature, like the one below.
> Thunderbird (I use V0.9) will cut off anything below, and
> including, the signature, upon reply.
> The '-- (CR/LF, CR/LF)' is added automatically...
>
> Have seen a very similar bug on bugzilla... maybe 1.0
> of Thunderbird.

I'm not sure it's a bug, really. It simply means that if people post where Netiquette suggests they should (at the bottom), any reply you add   will not include their signature. Eminently sensible, if you ask me. It's top posting that stuffs that up... and unfortunately, that's true of Jonathan's sensible 'see below' top posting as well as the less sensible 'stick everything at the top' variety.

Or are you perhaps referring to the fact that '--' seems to be built-in as the signature delimiter in T'bird, whereas other newsgroup clients let you edit it (as Jonathan's clearly does)?

Regards
HJR Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 05:07:59 CST