Dataguard wizard : dgctrl ERROR: copyFileDG: socket creation failed: Bad file descriptor

From: cf <news_at_tolede.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 09:12:49 +0100

Dataguard wizard : dgctrl ERROR: copyFileDG: socket creation failed: Bad file descriptor

Data Guard Manager failed consistently whenever it would start to copy the first datafile (the system file) upon creation of the physical standby. The file would be created (empty) and then the actual data copy would fail with error "dgctrl ERROR: copyFileDG: socket creation failed: Bad file descriptor".

I install patch n° 2671349 et 3409886 + PERL v5.6 on my server w2k sp4

Thanks in advance.

Christophe. Received on Mon Nov 29 2004 - 02:12:49 CST