Data Guard: Recovering partial SRL on the standby db

From: wagen <wagen123_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2004 20:32:42 -0800

Oracle9i 9.2.0.4 (64 bit)
Solaris 2.9

We have a standby database (MAX. AVAILABILITY) configured with SRL (LGWR is ASYNC on the Primary). The SRL is partially filled (50 MB out of 100MB). Primary crashes, server not reachable.

How can I apply the partial SRL to the standby database? Is this a BUG?
We tried all possible commands but always got an error. I gather the End of Redo Marker is not available and hence the partial SRL cannot be archived/applied at the standby site.

Note: We were able to activate the standby database using the "SKIP STANDBY LOGFILE" option (losing the partial SRL).

Appreciate any pointers/help.

Thank You
wagen Received on Sun Nov 28 2004 - 22:32:42 CST