Daily Devotion

From: religion for dummies <religionfordummies_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 28 Nov 2004 11:12:13 -0800

The hope which is laid up for you in heaven. Colossians: 1:5

Our hope in Christ for the future is the mainspring and the mainstay of our joy here. It will animate our hearts to think often of Heaven, for all that we can desire is promised there. Here we are weary and toil worn, but yonder is the land of rest where the sweat of labour shall no more bedew the workers brow, and fatigue shall be forever banished. To those who are weary and spent, the word ‘rest' is full of heaven. We are always in the field of battle; we are so tempted within, and so molested by foes without, that we have little or no peace; but in heaven we shall enjoy the victory, when the banner shall be waved aloft in triumph, and the sword (spiritual) shall be sheathed, and we shall hear our Captain say, ‘Well done, good and faithful servant.'

Charles Spurgeon

The message of Christianity is one of hope, not of hate. For those of us who are in Christ Jesus; heaven awaits. If you do not believe in Jesus, why not, come to Him today: repent and believe, and be saved.

Our lives are so short, and the riches of this world fade away. If you don't feel like you know what your end is or will, maybe you need Jesus too.

If you have got questions or would like help finding a church, please visit,

http://www.sgconline.org/ Received on Sun Nov 28 2004 - 13:12:13 CST