database slow

From: Kumar <n_kselva_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 27 Nov 2004 23:27:43 -0800

Hello friends,

I am a startup dba.I would like to know where do i start with incase my users complain of slow database.

where to check first?. I know there exists a statspack report too.But i am confused what could be first step and how to drill down?.Could any of you give me some detailed hint.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Regards,
Kumar. Received on Sun Nov 28 2004 - 01:27:43 CST