Make Oracle AR applications working read-only

From: Bruno <brunoterrone_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2004 02:41:15 GMT

 Hi,

 Just out of curiousity, what is the underlying reason to do this? If this is business driven (and one should hope it is), you should just close the accounting period which will prevent anyone from modifying any transactions that have occurred within the period or creating new ones.

 Bruno

   nntp://news1.on.sympatico.ca/comp.databases.oracle.server/<1101606986.723875.293260@z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com>

  Hi There,

 I am quite new to Oracle AR application as I am an Oracle DBA. We are  running Oralce AR. My question is:
 Is there any way to make Oracle AR application working read-only? I  want the users using Oracle AR to be still able to work with it and  retrieve data, but block them from updating, inserting & deleting data  against the backend AR DB.
 Since Oracle AR users don't have their own DB account in the database,  they connect to a common DB account (APPS? Is that right?). I am not  sure how to make this readonly request happen and which one below is  applicable:

  1. Revoke all the writable privilege from the common DB account Would this cause Oralce AR to behave improperly? Some packages, procedures & functions may turn out to be invalid?
  2. Make the related tablespaces read-only

 Thanks in advance!

 [comp.databases.oracle.server] Received on Sat Nov 27 2004 - 20:41:15 CST