looks like 9.2.0.6 is now more available

From: John Hurley <johnbhurley_at_sbcglobal.net>
Date: 27 Nov 2004 16:24:07 -0800

The note aka Oracle Support Announces Latest Patch Set Release for Oracle Database 9i Release 2 sites patch 3948480.

When I started checking this 3948480 it looked like only the windows patchset was available. Now there are apparently more supported environments available (like for me hpux 64), and sun 32/64 bit.

Anyhow, 9.2.0.6 is now out (for some people anyhow) and we get another "promised" delivery on January 18th.

Looks like it will be a busy next 2 months based on the following excerpt:

Will the new Critical Patch Update be compatible with other patches applied, including one-off patches?

Critical Patch Updates are applied on top of patch sets. Oracle includes common prerequisite patches in the Critical Patch Update (meaning common one-off patches that many customers have requested, particularly those that eBusiness Suites customers will have applied). This means customers need only apply the Critical Patch Update, and that most customers will not experience patch conflict. Received on Sat Nov 27 2004 - 18:24:07 CST