Re: RAID 5 vs RAID 10 benchmark

From: Randy Harris <randy_at_SpamFree.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 20:33:17 GMT

> It's still the standard triangle of cost, benefit and risk
> with different answers appropriate to different circumstances.
Gentlemen, I believe that you have collectively (along with the BAARF site)
stated clearly, the case for cost and risk in the triangle that Jonathan has identified. I am, however, still having difficulty understanding the benefit side, specifically in the area of performance between RAID 5 and RAID 10 (or RAID 1 for that matter). I do comprehend the advantages to availability, but not performance, and hope to be enlightened. Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 14:33:17 CST