Profiling Oracle Applications

From: Bob <bobde6_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2004 04:16:37 -0800

Hi

I have been set the task of consolidating a number of applications onto one server all which use oracle database. I need to profile the applications so that the appropriate resources (CPU/Memeory) can be assaigned and re-assigned when appropriate to suit all the applications needs (e.g] OLTP / DSS).

My current solution is to first establish an understand of what each system does, system usage, number of users. Then secondly take hourly statspack shots for a full week hourly, to begin to develop an understanding of the loads of the system (looking at calls / statements per sec)

What I am asking is there any advice one can give ( previous experience ), or different techniques to use to perform this task.

Thanks

Bob Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 06:16:37 CST