"Flexibility": contrary of "performance" ?

From: Spendius <spendius_at_muchomail.com>
Date: 26 Nov 2004 02:54:52 -0800

Don't you think that such functionalities as allowing to add or drop columns to tables, modify their length etc. goes against performance when exaggerately used ?

And how about the usual process of *constantly* modifying the number of tables and their layout in a database: can't it nothing but quickly lead to messy systems if only from the performance point of view ? (all projects I've seen always start with a given core of structure upon -and fromwhich  objects, modules and segments are added up until the initial ananysis & design become totally obsolete and useless...) This is what I see all around, and all the time.

Or I am mistaken ?
Spendius Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 04:54:52 CST