Re: 10g downwards compatibility

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 26 Nov 2004 09:53:12 GMT

Sybrand Bakker <sybrandb_at_hccnet.nl> wrote:
> On 24 Nov 2004 16:28:39 GMT, Christoph Kukulies
> <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de> wrote:

> >After installing 10g I find that some things are different.
> >Especially I had to rely on O7_dictioniary_accessibility=TRUE on init.ora.
> >
> >The parameter is understood. But still I have problems with the SYS user.
> >Seems I cannot run an SQL script under user SYS any longer that creates some
> >Views on SYS.all_tables or something in that vein.
> >
> >How can I get 10g to behave more 9i or 8i like?

> By stop creating objects you shouldn't have created in the first
> place.

Can you explain, what you mean by this?

I have the problem that I cannot login any longer as sys/password any longer. Instead I'm told I have to login as sysoper or sysdba (Error ORA-28009).

This breaks the above mentioned O7_dictionary_compatibility. I have also tried 9.2.0.1.0 to no avail - same issue.