Antw: can't start oms!!!

From: Mozart <devnull_at_merker-net.de>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 10:45:00 +0100

I think U should setup the OMS before using it ;-) ....

(Sorry I only know how to setup under Linux ... but should be similar) useful ...
http://www.idevelopment.info/data/Oracle/DBA_tips/Oracle_Enterprise_Manager/OEM_2.shtml

snip ---

Installing Oracle Management Server
The first step is to create a database that will store the repository information for OMS. For the purpose of this example, I will create an Oracle9i database named OMSDB. In most cases, the configuration of the Oracle Management Server will be handled within the Oracle installation when you select to install the OMS. When installing the Oracle Management Server, the Universal Installer will automatically run the Oracle Management Server Configuration Assistant. If you select to abort the configuration process (during the install), you can always kick off the OMS configuration assistant using the emca executable.

One point to make is that you should install the OMS in a seperate ORACLE_HOME than the database software. Although this is not necessary, it is a practice that I often perform. I will generally install the OMS as the following:

Oracle Home named: OraHomeOSM
Location: $ORACLE_BASE/product/OMS
When using the Oracle Universal Installer, there is an option (after selecting the Oracle Home name and location) where you will need to select: Oracle9i Management and Integration. When you select this option, the next will provide you with the option of installing just the Oracle Management Server. Select this option and click <Next>. The next screen will ask you already have a repository. In most cases, you will not already have a repository and should select The Management Server will require a new repository. The next screen is summary screen. Hit <Install> to start the installation of the Oracle Management Server. Received on Fri Nov 26 2004 - 03:45:00 CST