Re: Oracle 10g linux suse 9

From: Joe Fischer <jfischer_at___fischerhome__.org>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2004 01:15:28 GMT

On Thu, 25 Nov 2004 20:18:27 +0100, Severus Snape <svsnape_at_yahoo.com> wrote:

>I'd like to thank everybody who answered. Everything is
>much clearer now. I'll try and look into the it as soon
>as I can.
>
>Anyway I think that this issue is very important and should be
>mentioned in the installation guide...

        If you can get to Metalink, there are a couple of docs you could look at: 281912.1 and 222813.1.

        I ran 9.2 and now 10i on SuSE and use these techniques in my /etc/init.d. If you do this you should carefully plan how it will happen. On most Unix servers there are a lot of things that are started up during init and some must be coordinated with others. One of the things that I don't like about things that try to modify a init script is that they put something in the wrong order. I would say that is a big reason not to have some application try to guess how to set up an init script.

Remove underscores from e-mail address. Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 19:15:28 CST