OS restore and Oracle backup 11i - Please help out

From: David McGeorge <soalvajavab1_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 14:10:46 -0800

The customer wants us to do a full OS restore of Oracle drives due the unknown login errors they have with HR 11i app.

How it will be work? I haven't done this before... we have Oracle DB backup every night with all Archive logs... but what would be potential problems when they restore the drives from tape backup ( app / oracle 11i , 9i binaries and data and ... ) When the NT group do the restore then everything will be sync and OK ? OR do we need to do lots of things to make it works app and db dependency??

Sorry a dumb and newbie question but have no idea....

Any advise, help and document will be greatly appreciate Received on Thu Nov 25 2004 - 16:10:46 CST