Re: Can Oracle write to syslog?

From: <fahdshariff_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 25 Nov 2004 01:45:15 -0800

Yes thats why I asked. We are using the Tivoli monitoring system to read log messages from syslog and send alerts. It would be nice if oracle could write to syslog directly, but by reading your answers, I'm not too confident it can.

We already have a Java Logging API which oracle can make use of, but I like the alert log script better.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Fahd

--
Fahd Shariff