Re: Creating oracle database problem

From: Frank van Bortel <fvanbortel_at_netscape.net>
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 2004 14:14:56 +0100

Niall Litchfield wrote:
> "Anurag aggarwal" <anupreety_at_touchtelindia.net> wrote in message
>

>>Hi
>>I m getting the error while creating manual database
>>in Oracle 9i with linux(RedHat). My error is this
>>ora-01501:create database failed
>>ora-01990:error opening password file
>>ora-27046:file size is not a multiple of logical blolck size.
>>ora-01092:oracle instace terminated.Disconnection forced.
[snip!]
> So have a look at the password file is it corrupt? Is it in a place to which
> the oracle account has permissions
>
> Of course if the file name is never referenced it maybe that one of the
> datafiles is an invalid size for your platform.

Not in my installation notes :(, just from memory: the password file is not created (correctly?!?) by dbca, though is assumed to be there.
Scripts, saved from dbca, assume the password file *is* created, and omit the orapwd command.

The solution would be to add the orapwd command to the script, or run it from the command line. I prefer the script.

Think it still applies for 10i on Linux (Windows is OK, both 9iR2, and 10i)

--

Regards,
Frank van Bortel