10g on Windows Server 2000?

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 24 Nov 2004 08:40:45 GMT

Does 10g run on Windows Server 2000 SP3 (german) ? I had a slightly messed install over an existing 9i installation (which was probably my fault of not removing 9i cleanly) and after rebooting and doing an uninstall and reinstall again I got through with 2 glitches:

  1. OCR gave an error (could not be installed or something)
  2. ORACss services could not be started (service stayed in state 'starting')

As a result of this installation on Windows Server 2000 the ORATNSListener process was not starting and gave an error that it could not be started when restarted manually in the services manager of Windows 2000.