how to deinstall oracle cleanly?

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 23 Nov 2004 19:52:41 GMT

I had a 9.0.1 on a win2003 server recently and today I tried to install 10.1.0 on that machine.

Somehow deinstallation of 9.0.1 which was oin that machine before did not work smoothly. I tried to remove registry entries but could not remove all for some reason.

During installation of 10g I was told that an instance (ORCL) was already there and I should use another name. Anyway, to make it short, the 10g installation failed. I have an empty pfile directory in admin\orcl\pfile and would like to start over the 10g installation without having to reinstall the whole OS.

Any clues how to totally get rid of any traces of Orcale and get a clean environment to start a fresh installation?