Re: Creating oracle database problem

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 19:41:38 -0000

"Anurag aggarwal" <anupreety_at_touchtelindia.net> wrote in message news:30h1t6F2uqbnkU1_at_uni-berlin.de...

> Hi
> I m getting the error while creating manual database
> in Oracle 9i with linux(RedHat). My error is this
> ora-01501:create database failed
> ora-01990:error opening password file
> ora-27046:file size is not a multiple of logical blolck size.
> ora-01092:oracle instace terminated.Disconnection forced.
> In alert log file shows database creation completed.
> pls help me out.
> Thanx
> Preety

Hi

I have never ever seen this, so this is how I would read the error list you have.

Create db failed
BECAUSE the password file couldn't be opened BECAUSE a file (probably the password file ) is an invalid size.

and the message for 27046 reads

ORA-27046 file size is not a multiple of logical block size

Cause: File size as indicated by STAT is not correct, additional information indicates which function encountered the error.

Action: Verify that the file has not been overwritten or truncated.

So have a look at the password file is it corrupt? Is it in a place to which the oracle account has permissions

Of course if the file name is never referenced it maybe that one of the datafiles is an invalid size for your platform.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA