Re: oracle 8.1.7 to 9.2.0.4

From: Walt <walt_askier_at_YourShoesyahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 09:46:38 -0500

..::luq::.. wrote:

> can I do it using exp/imp only?

Yes. That's how I did it. But I had the luxury of building a new database on new hardware. The advantage of doing it that way is that our production instance was 100% unaffected until we cut over to the new box.

I posted my notes on this newsgroup back in Jan or Feb. Google groups should have it.

If you're not going to new hardware, I suppose you could do an export, recreate the database and then import. But I think you'd be better off using the migration assistant if you're going the "destructive" route.

--
//-Walt
//