Anybody resolved memory issues caused by XML for PL/SQL in 8.1.7 ?

From: Carlton Gregory <carlton_gregory_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 22 Nov 2004 07:15:11 -0800

Im looking for some insight into two bugs that I have seen.

The error java.lang.ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException seems to be a but when you try to parse more then 2048 XML files.
--Supposedly the fix for this was to install the
9I XDK into the 8.1.7.4 database.

but once you do the above you get the below error.

The java.lang.OutOfMemoryError error that occors when you parse a large number of XML files is an issue in an 8.1.7.4 XDK.
-- Now supposedly the fix for this was to upgrade to
the 9.2.0.2 database because its XDB does not use java but uses PL/SQL.

also Ive seen to increase the java_session_memory parameter but that does not make a difference because it just reaches that setting and trys to go pass that also.

Has anybody had any success with this?
It seems as though the actually number of XML files are around 999 befoure I get a Java error. If you create a new session it seems the "memory leak" is gone.

I need help to resolve this WITHOUT going to 9.2.0.6. Going to the 9i XDK is a option im fighting for but dont really have the approval yet.

Do you feel from your experience that if you have MANY or LARGE XML files to do that processing outside of the DB or at "OFFPEAK" hours?

Thanks,
CG Received on Mon Nov 22 2004 - 09:15:11 CST