Re: Help required on Data Guard

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Sun, 21 Nov 2004 19:13:29 +1100

DA Morgan wrote:
> Howard J. Rogers wrote:
>

>> DA Morgan wrote:

>>> DataGuard addresses replication to a remote location but does nothing
>>> with respect to high-availability.
>>

>> That is either ill-defined vagueness or just rubbish.

> Enough Howard. As your IQ is higher than room temperature you know
> perfectly well what I intended to communicate.

OK. So were you communicating that Data Guard was not a high availability solution or not? If you were, you were wrong.

> This is the third post
> in a row where you have squirted testosterone all over my monitor

You mistake testosterone for 'finally having had enough with the complete drivel you spout without basic research'.

> and
> I have far better things to do with my time than engage in school-yard
> games.

And that makes you *so* mature, of course!

I don't care whether you think it's a game, or testosterone, or any other form of words you care to concoct to deflect attention away from the actual fact here: you made a statement about Data Guard which is, prima facie, nonsense. You went on to say how if you want High Availability you must "without question" choose RAC... another statement that is prima facie wrong.

All you have to do to eliminate the "testosterone" is to say what you mean to say and stop making the sweeping generalisations which are your hallmark. If you only slowed down a little, and stopped posting your daily double dozen one-liner put-downs, maybe you'd find that rather easy to do.

Meanwhile, you keep posting it, and I'll keep calling you on it.

HJR Received on Sun Nov 21 2004 - 02:13:29 CST