Re: Flashback Query - Sanpshot Too Old Error

From: Anurag Varma <avdbi_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 20 Nov 2004 23:18:40 GMT

"Prem K Mehrotra" <premmehrotra_at_hotmail.com> wrote in message news:43441e77.0411201450.34514d08_at_posting.google.com... --snip--
> I now found renetion parameter for CLOB's. Since I did not specify any value,
> default value of undo_rention is used. So, it is still a mystery why I am
> getting snapshot too old error?
>
> I don't see anything wrong in syntax of my flashback query?

Maybe a bug ... One bug I do see in metalink, but it was related to corrupted clob's.

Just to confirm: Did you use the following query to check the retention?

select table_name,column_name,segment_name,retention,pctversion from dba_lobs where table_name = 'yourtable';

Also, try setting the event "1555 trace name errorstack , level 10" and see if the trace file gives more clues...

Anurag Received on Sat Nov 20 2004 - 17:18:40 CST