Re: dbms_stats / 9204

From: Oradba Linux <oradba_linux_at_comcast.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 03:16:40 GMT

Connor McDonald wrote:
> Oradba Linux wrote:
>

>>I have gathered statistics for all objects in our prod database.
>>How do you guys find out the next time to gather stats on the table?
>>Do you regularly put them in a schedule ? My intention is avoid wasting
>>cpu cycles gathering statistics unless it is needed.

> check out the MONITORING clause for tables
>
> hth
> connor

Hello Connor

I have just ordered your book. I am liking the reviews a lot. Hopefully i will not be disappointed.
The reason i dont want to turn on monitoring for all tables is the overhead. Is this overhead too much? I am looking for opinions. Also it is a datawarehouse/reporting db. I am on oracle 9204 / sun os 32 bit Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 21:16:40 CST