How to copy a table from a server to another?

From: Ramon F Herrera <ramon_at_conexus.net>
Date: 17 Nov 2004 18:18:40 -0800

Hello:

We have 2 Oracle servers, one in each city. We currently generate data on site A as ASCII text (filename.txt), copy it to site B where it it converted to a 'filename.dat' file and loaded into Oracle. With the current scenario the Oracle server on site A is just iddle doing nothing. We are transfering duplicate records, bad data, etc.

What I'd like to do is to load the data with SQL*Loader in the first site and then copy the table to the remote site B.

So, instead of performing a copy from a Unix filesystem to another I need to copy from Oracle to Oracle.

How do I copy a full table from an Oracle server to another??

TIA, -Ramon F Herrera Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 20:18:40 CST