Re: partitions

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 00:18:56 +1100

Oradba Linux wrote:
> I have a partitioned table and only global indexes. When i do a count on
> a single partition, it uses the global index and accesses the table. It
> is painfully slow. Is there a way to force it fullscan a partition alone?
> Also how do i know if the global non partitioned index is in a unusable
> state after the ddl on the partitions without using "update global
> indexes" clause.
>
> Oracle 9204 / Sun os 32 bit

What do you mean "how do I know if the global index is unusable after partition ddl if I didn't do an 'update global indexes'"? By definition, the global indexes are invalidated by any partition DDL *unless* you do an update global indexes. You don't need to "know it", they just are.

But if you need to see it for yourself, try dba_indexes.

Regards
HJR Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 07:18:56 CST