Re: Oracle Product_user_profile Error?

From: Howard J. Rogers <hjr_at_dizwell.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 21:33:16 +1100

Jim Cheng wrote:
> I just installed Oracle 8.1.7.2 on Solaris 8.
> When I login as an ordinary user, I got the following warning:
>
> Error accessing PRODUCT_USER_PROFILE
> Warning: Product user profile information not loaded!
> You may need to run PUPBLD.SQL as SYSTEM
>
> So I tried to execute the SQL script as SYSTEM:
>
> $sqlplus /nolog
> SQL> connect / as sysdba
> Connected.
> SQL> @$ORACLE_HOME/sqlplus/admin/pupbld.sql

Sorry, but since when did "connect / as sysdba" equate to logging on as "SYSTEM"??? Why do you say "I executed the script as SYSTEM" when it is apparent that you actually executed it as SYS?

Problem solved I'd say.

By the way, if you actually look at the script in question, it contains this little nuggest:

"-- USAGE
--   sqlplus system/<system_password> @pupbld
--"

Make friends with the "show user" command, too.

HJR Received on Wed Nov 17 2004 - 04:33:16 CST