Re: Linux Flavour for Oracle 9i

From: Marc Eggenberger <marc.eggenberger_at_remove.itc.alstom.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 07:47:24 +0100

In article <cfee5bcf.0411150813.11ee5c6e_at_posting.google.com>, mccmx_at_hotmail.com says...

[...]

> I am wondering about the stability of Linux drivers for Fibre Channel HBAs.
> I read on LinuxJournal that Linux drivers for Fibre Channel are not 100% stable.
>
> Are any of your servers connected to a S.A.N..?

Yes ... we have some penguins (9R2 RAC) connected to a HP EVA. We had some difficulties with installing. It was a new product (The EVA) from HP then and SecurePath (thats the software that chooses which path to take if you are connected with several fibre channel connections to the san) used 100% cpu when activated. We had to upgrade our Suse SEL server and also got a new driver version from HP (where the support for Linux was great actually). The system now is running with SecurePath for several months without any problems. Fast and reliable so far.

--
mfg
Marc Eggenberger