Re: multiple databases

From: Yasaswi Pulavarti <yasaswi_at_encfor.com>
Date: 16 Nov 2004 14:43:36 -0800

Hans:
Howard Rogers in the earlier post clarified all my questions. However I did want to get back to you. What I mean by a database is a "collection of tables" that span over multiple tablespaces. You are right about different vendors treating databases differently. In DB2 for example you can have one Instance and have many databases in that one instance.
However I guess in Oracle, Instance and Database mean the same or in other words one instance can have only one database. Thanks,
Yasaswi