pragma exception_init with constant

From: Agoston Bejo <gusz1_at_freemail.hu>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 18:40:31 +0100

I store the error codes my stored procedures may throw (by calling raise_application_error) as constants. One of my procedures has to catch the error another one throws, and I am trying to do this with pragma exception_init.
It seems that it only accepts numeric literals (as it explicitly says so in the error message I get), but it would be great to be able not to hardwire the error codes I otherwise store in constants. Is there some workaround for this, so that I could achieve the same as if I wrote:

pragma exception_init(myException, pkg_constants.error_not_null); Received on Tue Nov 16 2004 - 11:40:31 CST