how to find out who executes the user-defined funcitons

From: Limin Guo <guo_at_andrews.edu>
Date: 16 Nov 2004 08:57:49 -0800

By looking the top 10 most executed sql statements in one of our applications, I discovered that one of top 10 sql statements is from a user defined function. I also know this user defined function are used in the select clause of some views in the database. What I wanted to figure out is which user is executing the function indirectly via a view when I see the number of executions for the function grows. But it looks to me like when the function gets executed in the database, no information is kept in v$session. Am I correct? if so, is there a way to find out which user is executing a function?

Thanks in advance,

Limin. Received on Tue Nov 16 2004 - 10:57:49 CST