Re: Linux Flavour for Oracle 9i

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 14:06:11 -0800

> That one is so much easier to argue! Try a 20% improvement in speed on
> the exact same hardware.

This 20% performance improvement is exactly what I aim to show with my proof of concept. I've heard the same claim from many people. I just need to demonstrate it in our environment. Shouldn't take me too long. I already have a set of performance tests that I used in order to test out our upgrade from 8i to 9i. These were a combination of online screens and write intensive batch jobs.

Cheers

Matt Received on Mon Nov 15 2004 - 16:06:11 CST