Re: Install both Oracle 8i and 9i on a single Sun Solaris Box?

From: Jim Cheng <jinxcheng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 09:21:26 -0800

Here is the information in oratab:
cat /var/opt/oracle/oratab
NINEIDB:/oracle/home:Y
EIGHTIDB:/u01/app/oracle/product/8.1.7:N

I use "Express Installation" to install Oracle 8i Enterprsie Edition. The first phase (Oracle Software installtion) was successful. But OUI met those errors when it tried to create a starter database  ( I chose ignore so the installation completed with warnings). Later when I tried to use dbassist to create a new database,  the same errors appeared. I aborted the creation this time.

So I do not think that the starter datase was created successfully.

Thank you,
Jim