Re: Linux Flavour for Oracle 9i

From: Matt <mccmx_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 15 Nov 2004 08:13:44 -0800

> Yes, Oracle has geared up their tech support to provide Linux support as
> well. However, AFAIK you need to have a support contract with the Linux
> vendor.
>
> I suspect Oracle will punt tech support questions to RH or Novell if the
> TARs are not relevant to an Oracle environment.
>
> That should not be much of a problem for organizations that are smart enough
> to put Oracle on it's own server and strip unnecessary stuff from the
> server ...

What about running Oracle/Linux on a server connected to remote storage..

I am wondering about the stability of Linux drivers for Fibre Channel HBAs. I read on LinuxJournal that Linux drivers for Fibre Channel are not 100% stable.

Are any of your servers connected to a S.A.N..?

Matt Received on Mon Nov 15 2004 - 10:13:44 CST