Re: Install both Oracle 8i and 9i on a single Sun Solaris Box?

From: Jim Cheng <jinxcheng_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 23:33:54 -0800

I sucessful installed the Oracle 8i software. However, I met the following errors during the database creation:

ORA-03114: not connected to ORACLE

If I chose "ignore," a few other errors will appear:

ORA-27101:shared memory realm does not exist
ORA-01012:not logged on
ORA-01034:ORACLE not available

What are the possible reasons? How could I solve the problem?

The following settings are fine for the current Oracle 9i.

set semsys:seminfo_semmni=100

set semsys:seminfo_semmns=5000

set semsys:semingo_semmsl=1024

set shmsys:shminfo_shmmax=4294967295