Re: Linux Flavour for Oracle 9i

From: HansF <news.hans_at_telus.net>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2004 22:53:21 GMT

Matt wrote:

>> I personally like SuSE's support better than RedHat - ymmv as it
>> depends _entirely_ on the individual on the other end of the line.
>>

> Do you ever use Oracle support for OS problems..? I heard that Oracle
> are offering linux support along with database support.
>
> Matt

Yes, Oracle has geared up their tech support to provide Linux support as well. However, AFAIK you need to have a support contract with the Linux vendor.

I suspect Oracle will punt tech support questions to RH or Novell if the TARs are not relevant to an Oracle environment.

That should not be much of a problem for organizations that are smart enough to put Oracle on it's own server and strip unnecessary stuff from the server ...

/Hans Received on Sun Nov 14 2004 - 16:53:21 CST