Re: OMLET: Oracle Monitoring Sunny Side Up!

From: DA Morgan <damorgan_at_x.washington.edu>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 16:56:25 -0800

Bricklen wrote:

> DA Morgan wrote:
>

>> Bricklen wrote:
>>
>>> Ed prochak wrote:
>>> <snip>

>>> So why continue to add to the noise?
>>

>> Because not doing so gives the uncivilized troll an exclusive
>> license to do that forbidden to everyone else. I'd rather see
>> him exposed for what he is than ignored. I am not responding
>> as I was requested not to. But I don't agree that giving him
>> a license to spam and troll is a solution any more than I
>> believe surrendering to a schoolyard bully the right thing to
>> do.
>
> I am certainly not advocating spam in these newsgroups. My point
> _directly_ concerns responding to omlet, who as we all know, will not
> heed our requests to piss off. Ed is not a newbie to these fora.

I agree that he will ignore any attempt to cultivate civility and culture. That said ... we still pin a note on the North Korean's every year just to make sure everyone knows that we know what they are. And no one but a fool would expect doing so to change their behavior.

The only thing I woulc advocate doing is flooding Yahoo with abuse complaints until they kill his access. Perhaps everyone would be willing to do that in lieu of doing anything in these groups.

--
Daniel A. Morgan
University of Washington