Listener problem

From: John Wood <jwood_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2004 17:57:49 GMT

Hi there...

I have installed an Oracle 9.2.0.2 Test Database in a window 2000 professional workstation. I just set up the preloaded Oracle database from the disk. I have run through the Net Configuration and confirmed the Service name is properly defined in TNSNames.ora.

I can run sqlplus into the database from the same workstation, but I cannot run sqlplus into it from another workstation. I received 'No Listener' error messages. I confirmed the Oracle database and TNSListener were running in the ControlPanel>Service.

Please advise where else I have to check.

Thanks.

JW. Received on Sat Nov 13 2004 - 11:57:49 CST