Re: Oracle 9 with anti-virus software...

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au>
Date: 13 Nov 2004 03:22:57 -0800

"harry" <spammemothers_at_yahoo.co.uk> wrote in message news:<v72ld.12826$up1.12738_at_text.news.blueyonder.co.uk>...

> with Oracle - maybe I'm the only person in the entire world running Panda,
> Oracle on win 2000?

You probably are. Get Zonealarm for a firewall and be done with it. It's also free. As for viruses (virii?), do NOT open any unsolicited attachements, use a mail tool that stops scripting upfront (Thunderbird is a good one), do not load pirated software or "warez" or other stupidity like that, and you'll be more than adequately protected. As for spyware, download AdAware (once again: free) and clean up your system. Use a proper browser (Firefox), not that Microsoft security sieve. Bingo: no more problems.

Wanna break these rules and give yourself a warm feeling you're safe if you spend money in unnecessary products? No worries, your choice. But stop running Oracle in such a system.

> Completely stumped! & preying I don't have to go back to Norton Security

Don't. All those "security products" are nothing more nothing less than expensive substitutes for what you can do yourself. Received on Sat Nov 13 2004 - 05:22:57 CST