Oracle 9 with anti-virus software...

From: harry <spammemothers_at_yahoo.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2004 12:36:43 GMT

Using Oracle 9.2 on windows 2000 (sp4)

Just installed what looks like a very good product Panda Platinum Internet Security 2005. When I now try any of my db tools such as Toad I get "TNSLSNR.exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows etc...." Toad opens up using the connection but the TNS Listener service is stopped!

Has anyone any ideas as to why this would so this? - if I unistall the product it works fine again! - nothing on Panda's site regarding trouble with Oracle - maybe I'm the only person in the entire world running Panda, Oracle on win 2000?

Tried CONNECT_TIMEOUT_LISTENER=10 at the end of my LISTENER.ORA file but no difference -

LISTENER.ORA athough as it works without Panda it's probably pointless!

# LISTENER.ORA Network Configuration File: i:\oracle\ora92\network\admin\listener.ora # Generated by Oracle configuration tools.

LISTENER =
  (DESCRIPTION_LIST =
    (DESCRIPTION =
(ADDRESS_LIST =

        (ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = IPC)(KEY = EXTPROC0))
      )

(ADDRESS_LIST =
(ADDRESS = (PROTOCOL = TCP)(HOST = p2600)(PORT = 1521)) )

    )
  )

SID_LIST_LISTENER =
  (SID_LIST =
    (SID_DESC =
(SID_NAME = PLSExtProc)
(ORACLE_HOME = i:\oracle\ora92)
(PROGRAM = extproc)

    )
    (SID_DESC =
(GLOBAL_DBNAME = dev)
(ORACLE_HOME = i:\oracle\ora92)
(SID_NAME = dev)

    )
  )

Completely stumped! & preying I don't have to go back to Norton Security

many thanks!

harry Received on Fri Nov 12 2004 - 06:36:43 CST