Re: Dropping a datafile from test db (ORA-01111)

From: Syltrem <joe_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 2004 20:32:16 -0500

I got it (for those who want to know)

The (somewhat misleading) message, when I tried a DROP TABLESPACE, said that file `MISSING` file id nn, had to be recovered. Since the name of the file did not really help here, I figured it belonged to the tablespace to be dropped. But instead it belonged to the temp tablespace, which I usually recreate right after a recovery, what I forgot this time as I went on and directly tried dropping the unnecessary tablespaces.

After recreating a temp tablespace properly I could drop all the tablespaces that were not required in the cloned db. And all is well.

Thanks to those who responded.

Syltrem